Imperial Palace Innsbruck, also known as the Hofburg by locals, is a Gothic style castle with large rooms, a chapel, a state-of-the-art banquet hall, a chancellery, and a tradition-breaking living room with large windows, a winding staircase, wall coverings and a stretch bed. 18th century furnishings, tapestries, and works of art will further capture your interest.
Highlights of this Palace are:
1. STATEROOMS (from the time of Maria Theresa): Guard Hall, Giant Hall, Council Chamber
2. IMPERIAL APARTMENTS: salon, beauty salon, study, dressing room, several bedrooms, furniture and decorations
3. CHAPEL AND CHAPEL VESTIBULE, SACRISTY (from the time of Maria Theresa): features the wedding and death of 1765
4. CREST TOWER
Imperial Palace is covered under Innsbruck Card which is a budget-friendly way to explore the Innsbruck city.
Innsbruck Card is available for 24, 48 or 72 hours.
Covered Attractions: Alpine Zoo, Imperial Palace , City Tower, Swarovski Crystal Worlds, Swarovski Shuttlebus, Golden Roof Museum, City Archives / City Museum Innsbruck, Tiroler Volkskunstmuseum, Court Church, Museum of Tyrolean Folk Art, Arsenal Museum, Tirol Panorama and Imperial Infantry Museum, Bergisel Ski Jump Stadium, Grassmayr Bell Museum & Foundry, Localbahn Railway Museum, Ambras Castle Innsbruck, Audioversum Science Center, Galerie im Taxispalais, Burg Hasegg / Hall Mint Museum, Per Pedes City Walks (english), Per Pedes City Walks Imperial (only german)
Innsbruck Card is also applicable on
- Cable Cars: Innsbrucker Nordkettenbahnen cable cars (Ibk-Hafelekar-Ibk), Patscherkofelbahn cable car, Muttereralm cable car, Axamer Lizum cable car, Glungezerbahn cable car (only summer), Oberperfuss Rangger Köpfl cable car, DreiSeenBahn Kühtai cable car (only summer)Pricing: 24 hours: € 43; 48 hours: € 50; 72 hours: € 59
- Sightseer Innsbruck & 24 hour ticket for IVB transport routes
- Special offers on various entertainment avenues
Frequently asked Question about Imperial Palace - Hofburg
Can the tickets be bought online in advance ?
Yes, Tickets to Innsbruck Imperial Palace can be booked at https://www.imperialtickets.com/
Is it possible to enter Hofburg Palace with small bags or backpacks?
Yes. There is a cloak room inside Hofburg.
Is photography allowed inside the Hofburg Imperial Palace ?
No, photography is not allowed inside the Hofburg Imperial Palace
Is entry free with Innsbruck card ?
Yes, entry to Hofburg is free with Innsbruck card.
Are pets allowed inside the Imperial Palace Innsbruck ?
No, pets are not allowed inside the Imperial Palace Innsbruck.
How to reach the Imperial Palace Innsbruck by public transport ?
These Bus and tram lines pass through Imperial Palace - Hofburg:
Museumstraße stop; Bus line F: Congress stop ; The “Sightseer”: Congress/Hofburg stops"
How to skip the line to Imperial Palace Innsbruck ?
You can not skip the line to Imperial Palace Innsbruck.
How much time does the visit to the Hofburg Imperial Palace takes ?
You should spend minimum 2 hours in Imperial Palace - Hofburg.
Are any guided tours available for the Imperial Palace in Innsbruck ?
Yes, Available daily at 11.00 with reservation only.