Limmat Cruise gives an all round view of the Zurich Old Town, takes its passengers from the National Museum up the River Limmat to Lake Zurich and back again. Duration of this trip is 25 minutes and operate between April and October.
Entire round trip cost
Adults: CHF 4.40
Children (6–16 years), Swiss Half-Fare Card holders, dogs: CHF 3
Zurich being located in the North-Western corner of the 42 km long lake, it offers many kinds of cruises and boat rides. The lake cruise boats depart from the 'Bürkliplatz', and the river cruises depart from 'Zürich Landesmuseum'. The main cruises include:
- Limmat River cruises: These canal boat tours last for 50 to 60 minutes. They start and end from Zürich Landesmuseum, moving from the river Limmat, along the Old Town, and onto the lake. The 'Zürichhorn' dock is where it turns around and goes back to the town center.
- Short round trips of about 90 minutes;
- Medium round trips which take 2 to 3 hours;
- Long round trips of 4 hours;
- Upper Lake round trips: They cover the entire lake from Zurich to Schmerikon and back. It takes a full day (7.5 hours), including a short break in Schmerikon.
If you want to explore other towns on your own time then instead of making a round trip, take a boat to one of the towns along the lake, get off there, and go back to Zurich by train. Various towns on the way are Zollikon, Küsnacht, Thalwil, Herrliberg, Horgen, Uetikon, Wädenswil, Richterswil, Rapperswil and Schmerikon. Rapperswil is one of the areas you should explore. Train back to Zurich takes just 40 minutes.
HOW TO GET DISCOUNTS ON ZURICH BOAT RIDES?
Swiss Travel Pass discounts
- The premium rail pass for Switzerland;
- Unlimited traveling throughout the country;
- No tickets required for trains, buses and boats; just board and enjoy the ride;
- Discounts on trips to mountain tops;
- Free museums entrance;
- Children travel along for free;
- The best choice for worry free traveling.
Swiss Half Fare Card discounts
- You get a 50% discount on tickets for trains, buses, boats, city transport and mountain transport;
- The validity of the card is one month;
- You can purchase 1st or 2nd class discounted train tickets;
- Children travel along for free.
1-day travelpass for Swiss Half Fare Card discounts
- The pass allows one day of unlimited traveling by all trains, buses, boats, city transport and a few mountain transport routes;
- You can only use the 1-day travelpass if you have a Swiss Half Fare Card.
- You can purchase a 1st or 2nd class travelpass.
Swiss Travel Pass Flex discounts
- Free traveling for 3, 4, 8 or 15 days within one month. This is what you get on these days:
- Free traveling by trains, buses, boats and city transport;
- Cable cars, cogwheel trains and funiculars are discounted by 50%
- Free entrance to museums.
- Free for Children
Saver Day Pass discounts
- Free unlimited traveling in Switzerland for one day;
- Trains, buses, boats and city transport are free;
- Cable cars, cogwheel trains and funiculars are not included.
- The Saver Day Pass is available for 1st or 2nd class traveling.