St. Peter's Square
Add to trip
St. Peter's Square is one the world's largest and most beautiful squares comprising beautiful pillars, statues and chapels. A must visit in Rome.
When to visit:
january - december
St. Peter's Square is one the world's largest and most beautiful squares. The highlights of this square are its 284 columns and 88 pilasters. There are 140 statues of saints.
Nearby attractions include St. Peter's Basilica, Sidtine Chapel, Vatican Museums etc.
Pricing of attractions
- Entry to the Basilica is free.
- Climbing to the top of the Dome:
Lift to the terrace plus 320 steps: €8.
Climbing 551 steps by foot: 6€.
-Guided Tour: Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel & St Peter’s: € 61
Timing of Basilica
October – March: 7AM - 6:30PM
April – September: 7AM – 7PM
The dome opens at 8am and closes one hour before the Basilica.
How to Reach
- FromRoma San Pietro Train Station: 10 mins walk from here. Alternate option is to take bus 64 from Piazza della Stazione di San Pietro and get off after 2 stops at Via di Porta Cavalleggeri.
- From metro station Ottaviano - line A: Walk down Via Ottaviano until Piazza Risorgimento. Continue to Via di Porta Angelica.
- By Bus: Bus lines 62, 64, 190, 916, 46, 98, 982, 46 and 881.
Piazza San Pietro Città del Vaticano Vatican City
Leonardo da Vinci International Airport
Explore similar experiences based on your interests
Visit these destinations for similar experiences